The Benny Andrews Award provides funding for researchers exploring the collection of visual artist, teacher, activist, critic, and writer Benny Andrews. The Rose Library holdings include correspondence, manuscript materials, photographs, negatives, exhibit files, journals, printed materials including books and art catalogs. Materials related to Andrews’s exploration of the social, political, and cultural development of the United States and the experiences of the marginalized and oppressed are readily accessible. The Rose Library holdings also include audio-visual materials, artwork, and other Andrews family-related correspondence and papers.
- This fellowship has a value of up to $1,000.
- A minimum residency of 5 business days is required.
- In addition to meeting the minimum residency requirements, all award recipients will be required to submit a report of their experiences and work within the archive for the Rose Library Following the Fellows blog.
- All fellows are paid their award money 4-6 weeks AFTER completion of their visit.
- The application deadline is February 28, 2020.
- All fellowship winners were announced in October 2020. Please check your email or Submittable account for confirmation.
Important Information for International Fellowship Applicants
Please familiarize yourself with the appropriate visa type for your desired length of stay at the Rose Library. For more information, please consult your U.S. Consulate or the Emory Office of International Student and Scholar Programs well in advance of your planned trip.