The Donald C. Locke Award provides funding for researchers exploring the collection of visual artist, teacher, critic, poet, and writer Donald C. Locke. The Rose Library holdings include correspondence, manuscript materials, photographs, negatives, and printed materials including books and art catalogs. Materials related to Locke’s exploration of African diasporic themes and ideas are readily accessible. The Rose Library holdings also include born digital content.
- This fellowship has a value of up to $1,000.
- A minimum residency of 5 business days is required.
- In addition to meeting the minimum residency requirements, all award recipients will be required to submit a report of their experiences and work within the archive for the Rose Library blog.
- All fellows are paid their award money 4-6 weeks AFTER completion of their visit.
- The application deadline is February 28, 2020.
- All fellowship winners are announced in April 2020 on our website with amounts and research project title. You will also be mailed a letter and sent an email.
- All fellowships must be completed by August 2021.
Important Information for International Fellowship Applicants
Please familiarize yourself with the appropriate visa type for your desired length of stay at the Rose Library. For more information, please consult your U.S. Consulate or the Emory Office of International Student and Scholar Programs well in advance of your planned trip.