The Rose Library offers short-term fellowships to support scholarly use of the Library's research collections in 5 strategic areas:
- English-language literature
- The Raymond Danowski Poetry Library
- African American history and culture
- Southern history and culture
- Modern politics
Fellowship applications are required to submit a research plan and are evaluated on the following criteria:
- the qualifications of the candidate;
- a clearly articulated research topic; and
- a demonstrated understanding of the research materials available in the Rose Library to support their work.
Equal weight is given to each of these three aspects in determining the final priority rating.
- This fellowship has a value of $250 - $1,250.
- A minimum residency of 5 business days is required.
- All fellows will be required to submit a report of their experiences and work within the archive for the Rose Library blog.
- All fellows are paid their award money 4-6 weeks AFTER completion of their visit.
- The application deadline is February 28, 2020.
- All fellowship winners are announced in April 2020 on our website with amounts and research project title. You will also be mailed a letter and sent an email.
- All fellowships must be completed by April 2021.
Important Information for International Fellowship Applicants
Please familiarize yourself with the appropriate visa type for your desired length of stay at the Rose Library. For more information, please consult your U.S. Consulate or the Emory Office of International Student and Scholar Programs well in advance of your planned trip.